You should read this important information carefully before continuing your visit to this website.
You visit a website of Misusu Patterns, a company incorporated under Dutch law, with its registered office in Den Haag (The Hague), The Netherlands, with company number 65694473.
Misusu Patterns processes your personal data in accordance with the applicable legal provisions as well as the provisions on direct marketing in Book XII of the Code of Economic Law and the obligations arising from Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereafter’ GDPR’).
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of personal data:
- When placing an order or when attempting to place an order: your name, nationality, billing address, email address, phone number and payment information (depending on the chosen payment method, this can include credit card numbers, bank account numbers or payment account ID).
- When visiting and browsing the website: information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, which pages you visit on our website, entered search terms, what websites or search terms referred you to our website and information about how you interact with our website.
- When subscribed to our email newsletter(s): information about the consents that you have given, reading behaviour, such as (but not limited to) whether and when the emails that we have sent to you are being read, the links in the email that you click and information about the type software you use to read the emails.
We collect information using the following technologies:
- Via “Log files” track actions occurring on our website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Via “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels”. These are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information obtained through this website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Customer management: to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, providing you with invoices, refunds and/or order confirmations) administration of the customer base and any additional (non-marketing) communication.
- Send abandoned cart emails.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Paying taxes as per required by law.
- When subscribed to our email newsletter(s): to inform you about products or services offered by Misusu Patterns, for direct marketing and advertising, with as legal basis your explicit prior consent.
- To determine how this website is used and to obtain information that allows us to optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns) and to adapt its content in such a way that it would better meet your specific needs.
You are not obliged to leave your personal data but you understand that providing certain of our services is impossible if you do not consent to the processing.
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION with THIRD PARTIES
We work with and share information with third parties for certain services on our website. We only work with third parties that are GDPR compliant. These third party services have separate independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these websites and services.
Shopify is the ecommerce platform that powers our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. When placing an order or when attempting to place an order, shopify shares your information with the following linked third parties:
- Sendowl - our digital file delivery tool that manages access to your purchased patterns. When making a purchase (or downloading a free pattern), we share your name, order ID, country and email address with Sendowl to fulfill your order, by sending you emails with links to access your purchased patterns as well as providing a portal to access your purchased patterns. You can read more about how Sendowl uses your personal information here: https://www.sendowl.com/privacy
- Klaviyo - our ecommerce marketing & analytics tool. When attempting to place an order, we share your email address (if entered) to send you an “abandoned cart” email. When placing an order, we share your name, email address, location, timezone, order history and referral source. You will only receive marketing emails from us when you have given us your explicit consent and have set your email preferences. You can read more about how Klaviyo uses your personal information here: https://www.klaviyo.com/privacy
- Payment providers:
- Paypal - When making a purchase and using Paypal during checkout, we share your name, email address, address, phone number and order details to fulfill the transaction. You can read more about how Paypal uses your personal information here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Stripe - When making a purchase and using Stripe during checkout, we share your name, email address, address and credit card number to fulfill the transaction. You can read more about how Stripe uses your personal information here: https://stripe.com/us/privacy
- Mollie - When making a purchase and using iDeal during checkout, we share your order ID, name and bank account number (IBAN and BIC) to fulfill the transaction. When using Bancontact during checkout, we share your order ID, country and (credit) card number to fulfill the transaction. You can read more about how Mollie uses your personal information here: https://www.mollie.com/en/privacy
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
If you're a European resident, you have the following rights:
- Right of inspection - You can obtain one copy of the personal data processed by Misusu Patterns free of charge.
- Right of improvement - If you believe that your personal data is incorrect, incomplete or no longer up to date, you have the right to request correction.
- Right to withdraw consent - You have the right to withdraw your consent (in so far as it constitutes the legal basis for the processing operation) without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
- Right of erasure of personal data - You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data within the limits of what is stipulated in article 17 of the GDPR.
- Right to restrict processing - You have the right to request the limitation of your personal data within the limits of what is stipulated in article 18 GDPR.
- Right to object to the processing - If you have serious and legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of ‘the need to perform a task in the public interest’ or ‘legitimate interest of Misusu Patterns or a third party’, including profiling on the basis of those provisions.
- Right to data transferability - You have the right to obtain your personal data in a structured, customary and machine-readable form and to transfer it to others, within the limits of what is stipulated in article 20 GDPR.
- Right to lodge a complaint - You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
7. DATA RETENTION
Misusu Patterns processes your personal data for a period of time that is necessary in function of the purposes of processing. When you place an order through our website, we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Your personal data will in any case be kept in accordance with the specific legislation, as well as limitation periods that oblige us to keep your personal data longer.
8. PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
No technological system is completely secure (fire-resistant against hackers and the like) as regards the provision of personal data (by telephone or over the Internet). However, Misusu Patterns will use all reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorised access to / improper use of / disclosure of your personal data.
A cookie is a text file that is placed by the server of the website of Misusu Patterns in the browser of your computer / mobile device when you consult our website to make a user’s experience more efficient. The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
We use different types of cookies to personalise content and ads, to distinguish your preferences from those of other visitors, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. In this way Misusu Patterns can offer you a better user experience and optimize the website.
Some cookies are placed by third party services or partners that appear on our pages and with whom our website collaborates. The server of a website can only read the cookies that it has placed itself, it has no access to other information on your computer or mobile device.
Misusu Patterns uses the following cookies:
- Necessary cookies - Necessary cookies help make our website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Even if you wish to log in to this website with your personal account, these cookies are necessary to securely verify your identity before we give you access to your personal information. This website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Statistic cookies - Statistic cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting information.
- Marketing cookies - Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to potentially display ads or otherwise promote our products that are relevant for you. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media & advertising partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services on other website (not maintained by us).
This website may contain media files of third party websites such as, for example, Youtube.com. These third parties may place cookies when playing back these media files. Furthermore, this website offers the option to share certain information via social networks such as Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. When using this functionality, these social networks can place cookies on your computer to keep track of what information is shared.
11. CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
2498 EB Den Haag